Note: Extra acheke should be stored in the freezer. It is also better to prepare this last so it hot when ready to serve.
- Microwave frozen acheke for about 3 – 4mins.
- Set aside desired amount to cook in another microwave-able plate putting back the rest of the acheke in the freezer
- Using your fingers, separate lumps till it becomes grainy (like raw garri or couscous). If it feels dried out sprinkle water over it and rub in with your finger tips once again separating into grains.
- Place back into microwave for about 1min.
- Acheke should be a bit moist so if dry after microwaving , sprinkle water as needed
- Season with 1/4 of knorr, 1/4 Tsp of vegetable oil. Mix to together.
- Acheke is ready.
To prepare the sauce
Nicely chop washed tomatoes, fresh pepper (for this post, I used 1 small fresh pepper as I don’t eat a lot of pepper), 2 slices of onions.
- In a clean dry pot, pour a little bit of vegetable/olive oil and heat under mid-low flame. (Need to keep that heart healthy ;))